Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
To connect to a Wi-Fi network you'll need to turn Wi-Fi ON on your phone first.
Turn Wi-Fi ON
The fastest way to turn Wi-Fi ON and OFF on your phone is by using the Wi-Fi shortcut from the Notifications panel (available in the Notifications panel as a default).
To turn Wi-Fi ON or OFF using the Wi-Fi shortcut in the Notifications panel:
- Drag the Status bar down to open the Notifications panel.
- Touch the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the Notifications panel to turn Wi-Fi ON or OFF.
To turn Wi-Fi ON and OFF from the phone's system settings:
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- Under "Wireless & networks", slide the Wi-Fi switch to the "ON" position:
When Wi-Fi is ON, a Wi-Fi icon appears in the Status bar:
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
When you turn Wi-Fi ON, the phone starts scanning for Wi-Fi networks within range and displays the detected networks in the Wi-Fi screen. A lock icon beside a network's name indicates that the network is secured with a password or other security credentials.
If the phone finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it automatically.
To connect to a Wi-Fi network displayed in the list of detected networks:
- Touch the name of the network in the "Wi-Fi" screen.
- Touch "Connect".
- If required, enter the network's security details to connect (ask the network's administrator for details).