To start using the QuickTouch feature, you will need to configure it in the phone's settings first.
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- Under "Device", touch "QuickTouch".
- In the upper right corner, slide the switch to the ON position.
- Touch "Number of shortcuts" to choose the number of QuickTouch shortcuts you want have access to.
- If you want the QuickTouch icons to be displayed in black and white, tick off "Grayscale icons" by touching it.
- Under "Opening QuickTouch", you can configure what finger gesture opens your QuickTouch shortcuts. As a default, QuickTouch shortcuts are set to open when you touch and hold the QuickTouch area and then slide your finger up into the screen. You can also set the QuickTouch shortcuts to open when you simply touch & hold the QuickTouch area. To change between these two settings, touch "Opening QuickTouch".
- If you want the phone to vibrate slightly when opening QuickTouch, tick off "Vibrate on touch" (default).
- To configure the individual shortcuts, touch "Shortcut one", "Shortcut two", etc. and select the function or app you want to assign to them.