Change keyboard orientation
By simply turning the phone from upright to its side you can change the screen orientation to landscape, which gives you a larger keyboard.
If the screen orientation doesn't change, you may need to check whether auto-rotation of the screen is enabled:
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- In the section "Device", touch "Display".
- Make sure the option "Auto-rotate screen" is ticked off.
Alternatively, you can quickly enable and disable auto-rotation from the shortcuts to settings that you can access from the Status bar:
- Drag the Status bar down to open it.
- Touch the "Quick settings" icon in the top right corner.
- Touch the "Auto-rotate" tile to enable and disable auto-rotation of the screen.
When the tile says "Rotation locked", auto-rotation is disabled.
- First steps
- Using a Google Account
- Keys and connectors
- Using the touchscreen
- Screen lock
- Sleep mode
- Silent & Vibrate modes
- Sunlight mode
- Airplane mode
- Home screen and its elements
- Manage your apps
- Onscreen keyboard
- Contacts and the People app
- Messaging (SMS and MMS)
- Accounts and data synchronization
- Backing up your data
- Factory reset
- Glove mode
- Mobile networks
- Wi-Fi networks
- Notification light
- Use your phone as a universal remote control
- Behavior Control
- Update your phone
- Monitor and optimize battery usage
- Take photos and record videos
- Listen to music
- Connect to a computer
- Monitor and control mobile data usage
- Manage your downloads
- Turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot