Set a data usage warning and limit
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- Under "Wireless & networks", touch "Data usage".
- The date range in the "Data usage cycle" field is the period of time for which the graph displays your data usage.
To change the data usage cycle, touch the date range > Touch "Change cycle" > Set a new reset date by swiping up or down with your finger > Touch "Set".
- The white vertical lines on the graph show a period of time within the data usage cycle.
You can see the amount of data used within this period of time just below the graph.
To change the period of time for which the amount of data is displayed, drag the white lines.
- To set a level at which you want to receive a data usage warning, drag the orange line by its right side to the desired level.
When your data usage reaches this level, you will receive a notification.
- To set a limit at which your mobile data is disabled, drag the red line by its right side to the desired level.
When your data usage reaches this level, mobile data will be turned OFF automatically.
- To view data usage by individual apps/activities, scroll down on the screen.
- To see more details for a specific app/activity, touch it.
NOTE: Data usage is measured by your phone and your service provider may account for usage differently. A data usage warning and limit may help you track your data usage, but cannot guarantee that you won't incur additional charges. We recommend that you set a conservative limit.