Mobile network settings
Mobile network settings allow you to do things like turning mobile data ON or OFF, enabling and disabling data roaming, searching for a network operator, administering Access Point Names (APNs), etc.
Opening mobile network settings
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- Under "Wireless & networks", touch "More…".
- Touch "Mobile networks".
TIP: As a default, there is a shortcut to mobile network settings that you can access by opening the Status bar - it is indicated with the icon . Touch the icon to quickly enable or disable data access, or touch & hold it to quickly access mobile network settings.
Options in mobile network settings
- Data enabled - when ticked off, this option allows for data access for all available mobile networks.
- Data roaming - when ticked off, this option allows for data access when you are outside of your network operator's area (for example, when you are traveling to a foreign country). Please note that using data roaming is usually expensive.
TIP: To avoid extra roaming charges, you may want to turn off data roaming when you are traveling outside of your operator's area, and instead use Wi-Fi networks where possible.
- Network mode - touch to select your preferred network mode.
- Access Point Names (APNs) - touch to add and edit APNs.
- Use only 2G networks - when ticked off, this options helps save battery life.
- Use 4G/LTE networks - tick off to use high-speed data networks. Note that using 4G/LTE networks increases battery consumption.
- Network operators - touch to search for a network or set the phone to automatically select a preferred network.