Status bar and Notifications panel
At the very top of your screen, there is the Status bar displaying time, notification icons and status icons.
- Status icons on the right give you information on the status of your phone, e.g. signal strength, silent mode, battery status, etc.
- Notification icons on the left report the arrival of new messages, calendar events, missed calls, availability of system or applications updates and ongoing settings, e.g. call forwarding. Depending on your sound settings, you may hear a sound whenever you receive a new notification. To see the details of your notifications and quickly access them, open the Notifications panel by dragging the Status bar down.
Open the Status bar
- Swipe your finger down from the top of the screen.
When you open the Status bar, you will see the Notifications panel with shortcuts to various settings (icons along the top) and your notifications right below them.
Close the Status bar
To close the Status bar, do any of the following:
- Swipe your finger up from the bottom of the screen.
- Touch the Back key.
Respond to a notification
- Drag the Status bar down from the top of the screen to open the Notifications panel.
- In the Notifications panel, touch the notification you want to respond to. To dismiss a notification, simply swipe it sideways off the screen.
Shortcuts to settings from the Notifications panel
As a default, when you open the Status bar, you will see five tiles with large icons along the top of the Notifications panel (see the image above). The icons work as shortcuts that give you quick one-touch access to the most frequently used system settings like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. You can change what and how many shortcuts are displayed via the phone's settings.
What it means
How it works
Touch the icon to quickly turn Wi-Fi ON or OFF. Touch & hold the icon to access Wi-Fi settings.
Touch the icon to quickly turn Bluetooth ON or OFF. Touch & hold the icon to access Bluetooth settings.
Touch the icon to quickly adjust the brightness of the display. Touch & hold the icon to access display settings.
Touch the icon to quickly turn location services ON or OFF. Touch & hold the icon to access location services settings.
Touch the icon to connect to or disconnect from a mobile network. Touch & hold the icon to access mobile network settings.
Change what shortcuts are displayed
You can change how many and what shortcuts (or toggles) are displayed in the Notifications panel.
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- In the "Device" section, touch "T2 HD settings".
- Touch "Notifications panel".
- Select the toggles you want to be displayed by touching them.
NB: Only five toggles fit into the width of the screen at a time. If you select more than five toggles, you will need to swipe with your finger left and right across the toggles in the Notifications panel to view them all.