Personalize your Home screen
Move your apps around
- Touch and hold an app icon.
- Without lifting your finger, slide the app icon to a new position.
- Lift your finger.
Add a new app icon
- On the All Apps screen, touch and hold an app's icon.
- When the Home screen appears, lift your finger to drop the app.
Add a widget
- Touch and hold a spot on the Home screen.
- Touch the "Widgets" icon at the bottom.
- Swipe with your finger left and right across the screen to view all the available widgets.
- Touch & hold the widget you want to add.
- When the Home screen appears, lift your finger to drop the widget.
Add a wallpaper
- Touch and hold an empty spot on the Home screen.
- Touch "Wallpapers".
- Select a wallpaper you want to add.
- Touch "Set wallpaper".
Create a folder
You can create a folder that contains several apps both on a Home screen and in the Dock.
- Touch and hold an app.
- Without lifting your finger, move the app over another app.
- Lift your finger.
Remove an item from the Home screen
- Touch and hold the item on the Home screen.
- Without lifting your finger, move the app toward the top of the screen.
- Drop the item over the "Remove" icon.
If you are removing an app or a widget from the Home screen, this action only removes its shortcut on the Home screen, and does not delete the app or widget itself from the phone. The app will still appear on the All Apps screen, and the widget will still appear in the list of widgets.
Add a new Home screen
If you need more space for your items on the Home screen, you can extend the main Home screen with additional Home screens.
- Touch and hold an app or a widget you want to move to a new screen.
- Without lifting your finger, drag the item all the way to the right edge of the screen.
- Lift your finger to drop the item on the new screen.
Switch between your Home screens
The gray dots above the Dock indicate the number of your Home screens, and the largest dot represents the Home screen you are currently viewing.
- To scroll through your Home screens, swipe your finger left and right across the screen.
TIP: If you touch and hold an empty spot on any Home screen, you will see all your Home screens displayed as miniatures. Swipe your finger left and right to go back and forth between the Home screens. Touch the Home screen you want to open.
Advanced Home screen settings
In the Home screen settings, you can change what the Search bar and the Dock look like, add a transition effect when moving between your Home screens, etc.
To access the advanced Home screen settings, do any of the following:
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "Home screen settings".
- Touch and hold an empty spot on the Home screen until symbols "Wallpapers", "Widgets" and "Settings" appear along the bottom of the screen.
- Touch the Settings icon in the bottom right corner.