Google search™ bar with Google Now™
At the top of any Home screen, just below the Status bar, there is the Google Search bar. The search bar allows you to search both your phone and the Internet.
The first time you use the Search bar, you will be asked to join Google Now. You can choose whether you join now or later. The Google Now feature gets you just the right information at just the right time, e.g. weather forecasts, traffic alerts, directions, reminders for your appointments, relevant news stories, and more.
When using the Google Search bar, you can both type and speak your search terms.
Search by typing your search words
- Touch the Google search bar.
- Type your search terms using the onscreen keyboard.
- If any of the suggestions below the Search bar match your search, touch it. Otherwise, finish typing your search terms and touch the magnifier icon on the keyboard to start the search.
Search by speaking your search words
- Touch the microphone icon in the Search bar.
- Speak your search terms or your question.
Change Search bar settings
You can hide the Search bar from your Home screens or change what it looks like if you want.
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- In the "Device" section, touch "T2 HD settings".
- Touch "Home screen".
- Under "Appearance", touch "Search bar settings".
- Touch the desired option to select it.