- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- Under "Device", touch "Handwave".
- If Handwave is not turned ON, slide its switch in the top right corner to the "ON" position.
- To use Handwave for snoozing your alarm clock, tick off "Alarm clock".
- To use Handwave for scrolling through your pictures in the Gallery app, touch "Gallery".
- To enable Handwave to accept an incoming call, tick off "When ringing".
- Touch "Swipe-up action" to set it to either answer a call, silence a call or have no action.
- Touch "Swipe-down action" to set it to either answer a call, silence a call or have no action.
- To use Handwave for scrolling through your Home screens, tick off "Home screen".
- To wake up the screen from sleep when the phone is connected to a charger or a dock, tick off "Handwave wake-up".
Once you've configured the desired Handwave actions and turned Handwave on as described above, you simply move your hand across the screen without touching it to use the configured Handwave actions.