Setting up your phone for the first time
When you turn on your phone for the first time, you will see a Welcome screen - swipe up and down with your finger in the list to find your language > touch "Start".
A series of screens will take you through the easy setup process. Read and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your phone, including signing in with your Google Account.
As you go through the setup screens, you can skip some steps. You can always set up the options you skip or change your settings later.
- To select items on the screen, touch them.
- When viewing a list, swipe up or down with your finger.
- To enter text, touch where you want to type and an onscreen keyboard will appear.
- To go back and forth between the screens, touch the arrows at the bottom of the screen (when available).
- To return to the previous screen, touch the Back key in the bottom right corner of your phone.
After the setup is complete, you will see quick tips on some screens that give you a quick introduction to your phone.
To close these quick tips, touch "OK". After you close them, they won't be displayed again.