Connect to a Mac computer
You can use a USB cable to connect your phone to a computer running Mac OS X with a USB cable and transfer music, pictures, and other files in both directions. This connection uses the MTP protocol, which is not supported by Mac OS X natively. Therefore, you will need to install the free Android File Transfer application on your Mac computer first. It's available from www.android.com/filetransfer. Here, you will also find instructions on how to install it and work with it.
- On your Mac computer, go to www.android.com/filetransfer to download and install Android File Transfer.
- Connect your phone to your Mac computer via the USB cable that came with your phone.
- If you are using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it.
After that it will open automatically whenever you connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- Android File Transfer opens a new window that displays the contents of your phone.
Storage space details are displayed at the bottom of the window.
Work with this window as if it were a Finder window - open and close folders, create new folders, drag files to or from it and other Finder windows, etc.
- When you are finished, unplug the USB cable.