Options during a call
Adjust the volume
- Press the Volume keys on the right side of the phone
Manage your call
During a call, several icons appear along the bottom of your screen:
Answer another incoming call
- As with any incoming call, touch & hold the white phone icon and slide it towards one of the icons on the screen to either answer the call, respond with a text message, or send the call to voicemail.
If you answer, the first call will be put on hold.
If you respond with a message or send the call to voicemail, you automatically return to the first call.
Switch between apps while in call
While in call, you can also switch between apps - for example, to look up information on the Internet or read an email, etc.
When you switch to a different application, a phone icon appears in the Status bar, indicating that there is a call in progress.
- To return to the Phone app while a call is in progress, open the Status bar by swiping down from the top of the screen, and touch the name of the person you are calling in the Notifications panel.
Free your hands with automatic hands-free
If you need to free your hands during a call, you can use the automatic hands-free feature that turns on the speaker when you place your phone on a flat surface. When you pick the phone up, the speaker turns automatically off.
You can enable and disable this feature in the settings:
- On a Home screen, touch the Menu key (=).
- Touch "System settings".
- In the "Device" section, touch "Call settings".
- In the "Other call settings" section, touch "Automatic handsfree" to enable or disable it.